In 2022, every business should be online, even if it’s a small bakery next door. It is predicted that by 2040, 95% of purchases will be made online. It’s time to make your own website if you don’t already have one. If for anything, it’s useful to do this to raise your brand equity and gain more attention to your product!
The truth is “creating a website” seems like a scary and impossible task when you don’t even know the difference between a website builder and a CMS.
The good news is, you don’t have to know at all. It doesn’t matter if you’re tech-savvy or not, you can build your own website and start selling online.
Here’s how to do it.
What a Website Needs to Look Like to Start Selling
Sometimes a simple website with a description of your company and your address is enough to be found on the Internet. But it’s better if on such a site the visitor not only learns about your product but can immediately buy it.
A good site:
- Grabs the visitor’s attention with its cover, design, and title.
- Tells the visitor about the product and the company, so he understands why he benefits from buying here.
- Shows the product from all sides and with a detailed description – a catalog of products.
- Allows you to choose your own orders, delivery options, and to place and pay for them online, without having to call or write to the seller.
- Makes buying convenient and easy. There are no extra steps and forms, the information about the product, delivery, and payment is easy to find, and all processes are clear to the buyer.
That is almost always a site for sales on the Internet, an online store. No matter, with one product or a large catalog. And even though the platform is not intended for sending you real products, it also may work as an online store.
You can notice it while trying virtual sports betting with 22Bet or watching Netflix series, as searching for particular content is similar to looking for real goods.
How to Create an Online Store Site
There are several ways to create an online store:
- Hire a company to make you a website from scratch. This is the most expensive way and will suit those who have special needs. For example, the site should add a visual constructor of the goods.
- Build a site yourself on CMS or website builder and add a store there. CMS is more complicated. You have to immediately have to deal with hosting, domain, and, in general, this method is suitable for experienced users. Site builder allows you to quickly assemble your site from blocks, but the functionality of the designer store is not always at the level.
- Use a cloud service, which is geared for e-commerce. Cloud-based service means that you can create your website in your browser and you don’t need to worry about hosting (and you don’t even need to buy a domain). Support of the site and updates will be handled by the service itself. You only need to design a site to your liking and deal with its promotion.
Also Read: 3 Free Mobile Applications To Edit PDF
How to Make Your Site Better
To improve your website, follow these tips:
- Add interactivity? Besides the number of visitors, there is another important metric, engagement. It impacts a number of metrics, including conversion rates and behavioral factors. Interactive elements can be implemented by adding videos to landing pages or attaching surveys to articles.
- Implement calls to action. Think about it: when users come to your site, do they know what to do next? CTA elements are the very same guides and indicate the next step a user should take on the page.
- Research your competitors? Identify their strengths and weaknesses, study their strategy and compare them to your own. Automated services are good, but you also need to work with your hands. You can create a simple Excel/Google Docs file where you put your competitors’ sites (or specific pages) in one column and use the rest of the columns to break down the items you want to analyze.